If you’ve been longing for a flat tummy then you must certainly turn to Pilates. A recent study has revealed that engaging in Pilates mat exercises can result in strengthening of abdominal muscles and result in a flat and sleek stomach. It helps in developing a graceful posture as well as whole body toning.
Pilates can be done easily at home to achieve your desired weight loss goals. Here is an ultimate list of 20 minute workout which you can indulge three times a week to get the figure of your dreams.
Circles in the skyThis is a perfect exercise for core strengthening and to work on your outer hips, inner thighs and butt.
- Lie down on a mat with your hands behind your head.
- Lift your body off the ground slightly and contract your abs.
- raise your legs 5 inches from the ground and keep you left leg straight towards the sky.
- Maintain your hips stable and trace 4 small circles clockwise with your left leg.
- Reverse the procedure and circle 4 more times counterclockwise.
- Lower the legs switch the sides and repeat the entire steps.
Incline plankThis is an ideal workout for hamstrings, core, biceps, triceps, chest and butt.
- Place your hands on the ground from a seated position with your feet placed forward.
- Straighten your legs and press you heels and palms to the ground.
- Contract your abs and raise your hips.
- Form a straight-line from head to toe.
- Keep your shoulders pressed down and do not lock your elbows.
- Lift your left leg as high as you can and then lower without letting your right hip sag.
- Repeat this 4 times with the opposite side.
Donkey KickbacksThis is an ideal workout for biceps, triceps, butt, back and core.
- Kneel on all fours with your toes tucked in thus neutralizing your back.
- Draw in your belly and lift your knees two inches from the ground.
- Bring your right knee to your nose and then kick your right leg straight behind you.
- Do this by squeezing your butt.
- You need to keep you lower abs contracted all the time.
- Repeat the entire process 8 times and then switch you legs and repeat.
Swan diveThis is an ideal workout for lower back, stretches, chest and shoulders
- Lie down on your stomach and stretch your arms overhead.
- Make sure your toes are pointed and then lift your legs and arms 6 inches from the ground.
- Hold for a count and then imagine your legs being pulled back.
- Next you need to circle your arms side wards and then behind you.
- Exhale and then point your arms towards your toes with your palms facing inwards.
- Hold in this position for a count and then bring back your arms to the original position.
- Relax and then repeat the entire process for 6 to 8 times.