Who wouldn’t want to flaunt a flat belly? This desire gets harder to achieve with age because of the hormonal changes. Pilates training and workout is a secret tool to shape the abdominal muscles. Indulge in a Pilates workout regimen thrice a week every alternate day for best results. Follow these simple workouts to quickly flatten your belly.
- Lie on your back with legs raise up and bent at an angle of 90 degrees.
- Keep your thighs straight and ensure that your calves are parallel to the ground.
- Keep your palms down and rest your hands by your side.
- Make sure that your abs are contracted all the time and keep your lower back pressed to the floor.
- Inhale and lower you left leg slowly for the count of 2.
- Dip your toes towards the ground without actually touching.
- Exhale and bring back your left leg to the original position.
- Repeat the entire process with your right leg and keep alternating until you’ve done 12 repetitions.
- Lie down on your back with your legs extended.
- Raise your left leg with your hands and toes pointed towards your sides.
- Keep your palms down and hold your leg for 10-60 seconds.
- Make a small circle with your left leg and rotate your left leg from the hip.
- While circling, inhale and then exhale while finishing.
- Ensure that your body is still by tightening your abs.
- Complete 6 circles and then switch the direction and complete 6 more. Repeat the entire procedure with your other leg.
- Start this workout in a similar fashion to Toe Dip.
- You need to keep your hands behind your head in this workout and also your elbow towards your sides.
- Curl up a little and raise your neck, shoulders and head off the ground.
- Rotate your torso to the right as you inhale while bringing your left shoulder and right knee towards each other.
- Extend your left leg diagonally from your hips towards the ceiling.
- Rotate to the left while exhaling.
- Bring your right shoulder and left knee towards each other. Repeat for six more times.
- Lie on your left side ensuring that your legs are straight.
- Prop yourself on the forearm and left elbow by lifting your ribs off the ground.
- Place your right hand on the floor for balance.
- Flex your foot by raising your right leg. Ensure that the toes are pointed forward.
- Kick while exhaling. Do this by swinging your right leg forward for two counts.
- Point your toes and inhale. Swing your leg back and repeat for 6 more times.
- Do this without lowering your leg. Repeat by switching sides.